Here are a few common problems that users may encounter during the registration process.
An automated activation link will be sent to you immediately after registering by email from the firstname.lastname@example.org address allowing you to activate your account by clicking on the link embedded
in the email. You can log on after activating to request a CD or download the software. http://www.itreetools.org/login.php
Account not Active or not receiving the email activation link:
• Check your spam folder.
• Ensure that your firewall or security system will allow you to receive an automated email from email@example.com
• Consult with your IT department for guidance on resolving network or institutional security systems that may prevent an auto-generated email to be accepted.
• The activation link and your registration will expire after 96 hours if not activated. You may attempt to register again after resolving security or communication problems. We can't activate accounts manually for security reasons.
Unable to enter account information:
• Check to ensure that all data required (red asterisk) is filled out properly.
• Verify that your password meets requirements: 8 characters or more, including upper and lower case characters and numbers to be accepted.
Additional Registration Troubleshooting
• You can test to see if you are already registered and have an active account on the system by filling in your email address and the Captcha Text in the Retrieve Username dialog box on the Forgot Username webpage http://www.itreetools.org/forgot.php
• If you receive an email with your correct username, you have registered successfully on the system and may possibly be using the wrong password. Try to then use the Reset Password dialog box on the Forgot Username webpage above.
Once activated and logged on, select the “Get the Tools” link in the header to download the software or request an installation CD by mail.
More information about system requirements and installation can be found on the System Requirements Page http://www.itreetools.org/installation/index.php
Section for general i-Tree questions on installation, system requirements, registration, international use, etc.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
A member of the i-Tree Team