Hello forum and question.

Post here questions, comments, and suggestions about the general i-Tree project. To avoid duplication, please be sure to check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include background, purpose, requirements, hardware, installation, training and events.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

88ducdungvp

Hello forum and question.

Post by 88ducdungvp » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:57 pm

Hi all im a new so i want to say hello.

And second,

What import file type formats are compatible with I-Tree? SHP, XLS, TXT, XML, KML, KMZ, MDB, Esri SHP file, Esri File Geodatabase, "DDF" or "SSF" from Trimble GPS Pathfinder Office?

Tks in advance!
Jason.Henning
i-Tree Team

Re: Hello forum and question.

Post by Jason.Henning » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:49 am

Hi and thanks for the question.
This is a little tough to answer because I am not sure which tool you are using and what data you are trying to import.
For i-Tree Canopy you can load your own boundary files from .shp.
For i-Tree Eco you can import inventory data from many spreadsheet formats including .xlsx, .xls, and .csv. That data must include at least species and dbh. You cannot import plot data at this time.
Also within i-Tree Eco the software has a method for generating random sample plot locations and for that you can upload boundaries from .shp files.
Some of the other tools have import or upload capabilities as well.
All of the tools are free so you can always download i-Tree Eco or use one of the web-based tools to see if they will work for your project.
Thanks,
Jason
A member of the i-Tree Team