Import data from Excel to Eco v6.0 in a plot-based sample project?

Section for FAQs regarding i-Tree Eco (UFORE)

Moderators: mbinkley, i-Tree Team

KANG1943

Import data from Excel to Eco v6.0 in a plot-based sample project?

Post by KANG1943 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:11 am

Hi, this is Kang from China, who is now working in a project in Japan.
I wonder how to import data from an Excel file if I already had the data in Excel format (input manually from paper form) into i-tree Eco v6.0 in a plot-based sample project?

There was actually a post talking about this issue, "import existing data set into Eco version 6" posted by user "drew-uf" in the year before last:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1350&p=2449&hilit=s ... xcel#p2449
but according to the reply of i-tree team, it was impossible to do that at that time. I wonder if it's possible to make it now?

Thank you very much :)
Jason.Henning
i-Tree Team

Re: Import data from Excel to Eco v6.0 in a plot-based sample project?

Post by Jason.Henning » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:15 am

Hello,
Unfortunately, import of plot data is still not possible. Unfortunately, that feature is challenging to build because it requires the import of two linked tables (plots and trees) with significant error checking to ensure that data is compatible with i-Tree Eco. At the same time relatively few users have the necessary plot data from a randomized sample. Given the limited number of users requesting this feature and the programming cost plot import is not a current priority.
It is possible to import your data as a complete inventory and perform the necessary statistical calculations to create population level estimates outside of i-Tree Eco. If you are interested in the inventory import process please see this video http://www.itreetools.org/media/watch.p ... hW-SL4QHry. You will need to have some statistical expertise if you are going to create population level estimates from individual tree results for plot data. We do not have the capability to advise on specific statistical matters outside of the i-Tree tools.
Thanks,
Jason