Avoided Runoff = 0.0 for each tree.

Section for FAQs regarding i-Tree Eco (UFORE)

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

monika

Avoided Runoff = 0.0 for each tree.

Post by monika »

Hello,

I would like to ask if anyone has similar problem with the result of avoided runoff based on inventory? For others Ecosystem Services I have some result and for avoided runoff it is 0.0 for all the trees and it is not only for small DBH, but for bigger also. It is because of lack of some information for this particular place? For some other places I have Avoided Runoff.

Regards,
Monika
Jason.Henning
i-Tree Team

Re: Avoided Runoff = 0.0 for each tree.

Post by Jason.Henning »

Hi Monika,
This typically happens when the selected weather station is not working correctly and reports zero incoming precipitation for the selected year. You can return to Project Configuration > Project Definition > Location and try selecting a different weather station and/or weather year to find more accurate precipitation data. When you select a station it will show you the amount of annual rainfall that has been recorded. This can help you verify that reported precipitation is in agreement with local averages. You may need to set your Editing Mode to "on" before you can make that change.
Thanks,
Jason
A member of the i-Tree Team
monika

Re: Avoided Runoff = 0.0 for each tree.

Post by monika »

Hi Jason,

thank you very much for your time, answer and tips how to solve the problem. I will try with some other station :)

Regards,
Monika