iTree Eco "system error" pop-up

Section for FAQs regarding i-Tree Eco (UFORE)

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

klandsbergen

iTree Eco "system error" pop-up

Post by klandsbergen » Thu May 30, 2019 1:38 pm

Hello,

My student and I were running iTree Eco today and were able to upload her tree database, and submit the data for report generation, but after the green "working" bar got to about 40% the program stopped and popped up a "System Error" message. Can someone please help us trouble-shoot this problem? Thank you. -Kim
Jason.Henning
i-Tree Team

Re: iTree Eco "system error" pop-up

Post by Jason.Henning » Thu May 30, 2019 2:05 pm

Hi Kim,
Usually when it stops at 40% it indicates that i-Tree Eco is having trouble connecting to our server. This can happen for a number of reasons. Occasionally, our server goes down. I just tested this (3:00 pm EST 5/30/19) and was able to submit a project without issue. More often it is because the user's computer firewall or a firewall on the user's internet (common in university, corporate, and government settings) is preventing i-Tree Eco from accessing the internet. Please make sure that i-Tree Eco has full permission to send and receive data through your firewall. If you are on a university, corporate, or government system you may need to contact your IT staff to ensure that i-Tree Eco has this type of access. You can direct you IT staff to this document for more information, http://www.itreetools.org/resources/con ... tments.pdf.
If you continue to experience issues please email us at the support address, info@itreetools.org, for additional troubleshooting.
Thanks,
Jason
A member of the i-Tree Team
klandsbergen

Re: iTree Eco "system error" pop-up

Post by klandsbergen » Thu May 30, 2019 4:47 pm

Thank you Jason, I have contacted our IT support for help with the firewall. Much appreciated. -K