I'm using I Tree Eco and when I try to submit my data for processing I get the message "FTP Upload Failed."

If you have questions, comments, and suggestions specific to one or more of the components of the i-Tree Software Suite, this is the place for them! Again, please check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include UFORE, STRATUM, and the utilities such as MCTI or Storm Damage Assessment Protocol.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

acm932

I'm using I Tree Eco and when I try to submit my data for processing I get the message "FTP Upload Failed."

Post by acm932 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:18 am

I could really use some help
Jason.Henning
i-Tree Team

Re: I'm using I Tree Eco and when I try to submit my data for processing I get the message "FTP Upload Failed."

Post by Jason.Henning » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:25 pm

Hello,
Sorry to hear about this issue. This can be a little hard to diagnose but my first two thoughts would be:

1. Occasionally, we will have server outages. In those cases mean i-Tree Eco on your computer can't communicate with outrFTP server. I haven't seen any recent records of outages and was just able to submit a test project so the server is up and running now. You could try submitting again to ensure that you didn't happen to run into an outage on our end.
2. Sometimes i-Tree Eco is blocked by a firewall. Please ensure that i-Tree Eco has permission to both send and receive data across your firewall. If you are on a more restricted system like those common with university, government, or some commercial networks you may need to engage your IT staff to get those permissions. As a last resort you could try temporarily turning off your firewall then submitting your i-Tree Eco project.

You may also want to click on the "Update Software" button under the "Support" tab in i-Tree Eco v6 to make sure that you are using the latest version of the software.
If these suggestions don't resolve the issue feel free to contact us at the i-Tree support email address, info@itreetools.org.
Thanks for your interest in i-Tree.
-Jason
A member of the i-Tree Team
azelaya
i-Tree Team

Re: I'm using I Tree Eco and when I try to submit my data for processing I get the message "FTP Upload Failed."

Post by azelaya » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:54 am

Just to follow up to this FTP error. We believe this was referring to a problem encountered when submitting an Eco v5 legacy project for processing. The FTP error was due to a server issue related to processing v5 legacy projects only, which was corrected on 11April2019. This should be resolved and projects are processing fine in testing.

Lastly, you may want to consider updating your Eco v5 legacy project and using more updated processing available in Eco v6. There are manuals and videos on the simple updating process if interested. See Video Learning Page https://www.itreetools.org/resources/videos.php#ecovids or the video link below:
https://www.itreetools.org/media/watch. ... hW-SL4QHry
A member of the i-Tree Team