How do I add new species in Eco for a UK project

Section for FAQs regarding i-Tree Eco (UFORE)

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

mrlee

How do I add new species in Eco for a UK project

Post by mrlee » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:58 pm

Most of the species commonly encountered in the UK are already on the default species list, however, a few I have encountered so far are not. I don't seem to be able to add new species to the list, as per the info in the training folder, section 25, (is this ready yet?). What information is required in order that this can be achieved? Do I need to provide you with species info for these UK species, i.e. growth rates, leaf area index etc, or do I simply input the genus or substitute for the closest species? (Presumably a substitute is not as accurate as providing the information). The iTree Eco International information in the training folder (section 25) with 'screen-shots' attached is not familiar to me in the iTree version I have installed, is this software yet to be added to the downloadable version?
The tree species we have encountered which aren't on the list are Sorbus aria and Quercus ilex.

Many thanks

Davehttps://forums.itreetools.org
Erika.Teach

Re: How do I add new species in Eco for a UK project

Post by Erika.Teach » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:02 pm

Hello,

To submit species information for the UK please follow the directions and form that I have emailed to you.

Best Regards, Erika
Jason.Henning
i-Tree Team

Re: How do I add new species in Eco for a UK project

Post by Jason.Henning » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:11 am

Additionally, if you are only adding a few species you can submit them through i-Tree Database, https://www.itreetools.org/database/. Use the "Add to Database" drop down at the top of that webpage. Accepted species will be permanently added to i-Tree Eco the next time a software update is released.
Thanks,
Jason
A member of the i-Tree Team