Notebooks and Tablets

Post here questions, comments, and suggestions about the general i-Tree project. To avoid duplication, please be sure to check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include background, purpose, requirements, hardware, installation, training and events.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

MontanaUser

Notebooks and Tablets

Post by MontanaUser » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:49 am

With the onset of V. 5.0, we are hoping to purchase a couple tablets to try out the new mobile abilities of iTree Streets. Are there any recemmended brands?

Also are there any known compatability issues with an IPad?

Thanks.
azelaya
i-Tree Team

notebooks and tablets

Post by azelaya » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:11 pm

We have not updated any of the specifications for version 5 as development work on the online collection system is still in progress. We don't anticipate problems with devices such as iPads for data collection as long as it has internet connectivity to access the online collection forms and system being developed.

As in the past, we (the i-Tree Team) will not recommend specific devices but provide information based on user feedback and testing. Please stay tuned as we should have more information in the upcoming weeks.

Thanks,
Al
A member of the i-Tree Team
MontanaUser

more research on tablets

Post by MontanaUser » Wed May 23, 2012 5:47 pm

Has anyone heard if there are issues with the Android Operating system on a tablet? I want to make sure we get a compatible OS. Thanks.