I-Tree Eco and ARC GIS 10

Post here questions, comments, and suggestions about the general i-Tree project. To avoid duplication, please be sure to check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include background, purpose, requirements, hardware, installation, training and events.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

jmarlin

I-Tree Eco and ARC GIS 10

Post by jmarlin » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:18 pm

Hi,

My GIS unit has recently upgraded to ARC-GIS 10. Is GIS 10 backwards compatible with the "I-Tree MXD Project File" provided in the manuals/workbooks section?

I'm currently trying to generate a random, pre-stratified plots using the "Random Plot Workbook - Pre Stratification."

Many thanks
azelaya
i-Tree Team

i-Tree.mxd and ArcGIS 10

Post by azelaya » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:16 pm

Hello,

We recently heard from another user working with ArcGIS10 who received an error opening the i-Tree.mxd saying that "VBA is used in this project and VBA is not installed" which is due to a change by ESRI to not support it in arc10. The i-Tree.mxd is currently only compatible with ArcGIS 9.3 only.

As a temporary option until we re-code everything in Python, you can contact ESRI and request their free VBA license.

Basically, you email ESRI with your customer number and they will send you the typical license file:
http://blogs.esri.com/dev/blogs/arcgisd ... 3f00_.aspx

Once you get the license:
http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisdesktop ... 000000.htm

Al
A member of the i-Tree Team
biten

i-tree and Arc GIS 10

Post by biten » Thu May 24, 2012 11:05 am

I also have Arc GIS 10 installed on my computer. As it seems it has been some time since there has been activity on this post, I am wondering if i-tree is compatible with Arc GIS 10 yet. If not is there a possibility of finding out when it will be availible? Thanks
azelaya
i-Tree Team

i-Tree and ArcGIS10

Post by azelaya » Sun May 27, 2012 10:30 pm

We are working on an alternate method utilizing Google maps and similar functionality available in i-Tree Canopy to generate random plots for Eco projects. Therefore, we will probably not rewrite/code external procedures to produce plots utilizing ESRI ArcGIS tools.
A member of the i-Tree Team