Loading data from SD card .XML format?

Post here questions, comments, and suggestions about the general i-Tree project. To avoid duplication, please be sure to check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include background, purpose, requirements, hardware, installation, training and events.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

MontanaUser

Loading data from SD card .XML format?

Post by MontanaUser » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:49 pm

I am trying to import data from a SD card file. The data was backed up on the PDA and saved to the SD card. Now I am trying to import this data into an existing iTree database, and having trouble. The file from the SD card is in XML format for some reason - when trying to import all of this from my desktop, the iTree program will not accept this file because it is not in database format. How do we resolve this issue so we don't lose all of these trees? I can attach a copy of the xml file if needed. Thanks.
MJKerr
i-Tree Team

Re: Loading data from SD card .XML format?

Post by MJKerr » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:02 am

MontanaUser wrote:I am trying to import data from a SD card file. The data was backed up on the PDA and saved to the SD card. Now I am trying to import this data into an existing iTree database, and having trouble. The file from the SD card is in XML format for some reason - when trying to import all of this from my desktop, the iTree program will not accept this file because it is not in database format. How do we resolve this issue so we don't lose all of these trees? I can attach a copy of the xml file if needed. Thanks.
Hi MontanaUser,

Please restore the backed up file to the Pocket PC's "My Documents" folder. After this, the PDA utility will be able to import the backed up data.
MJKerr
i-Tree Team

Post by MJKerr » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:30 pm

crucialvacuum wrote:just go at any electronic store (bestbuy,crt city,) whatever store they have it !
i suggest to get a multi-card reader!
ask for multicard reader they read and transfer files via usb slot on a pc or mac! multicard why just in case you would buy a dig. cam someday and it uses other tha sd it could be a multitude of card types !!!!!
the multicard reader i use is a (lexar media usb 2.0 multicard reader) works great with any card type for around 15 to 20$ had it for 2 years now! its very easy to use if your running wi xp or mac software just plug it in and in buy where the cd rom is displayed and the harddrive usally (diskC) will appere disk d,e,f,i what ever just open it and drag your mp3`s in the files and presto all done!
That would be good for backing up the file, but to transfer data from the XML file, it must be in the Pocket PC's internal drive under My Documents.