Missing cities in drop-down box

Post here questions, comments, and suggestions about the general i-Tree project. To avoid duplication, please be sure to check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include background, purpose, requirements, hardware, installation, training and events.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

treimt

Post by treimt »

The drop-down bx for "City" on the "City Information" form does not contain all the cities in the chosen county (e.g. Springfield doesn't show up in the list fro Greene County, Missouri).

Is the a feature, a bug or an omission?

I can't seem to manually add Springfield either.

Thanks.
azelaya
i-Tree Team

Post by azelaya »

Yes, the city of Springfield, MO appears in the County of Christian in the Streets drop down menus. I know that Springfield is the county seat for Greene but these instances occasionally occur where there may be some portion of a city that exists in (2) counties. For example, Springfield is also listed as a city in Christian. I'm guessing that the database is restricted to display the first county alphabetically listed.

I would use Christian County in project set up which will allow you to select Springfield as the City. Springfield will then appear in your report headings and this will not affect any outputs.

Hope this helps,
Al
A member of the i-Tree Team