Unable to retrieve entered data from mobile utility

If you have questions, comments, and suggestions specific to one or more of the components of the i-Tree Software Suite, this is the place for them! Again, please check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include UFORE, STRATUM, and the utilities such as MCTI or Storm Damage Assessment Protocol.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

jimduncan4

Unable to retrieve entered data from mobile utility

Post by jimduncan4 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:32 pm

People have been entering data through the mobile utility online, and in some cases, I can retrieve the data from the Desktop application, but in some cases, an exception is thrown that the system can't get past. It appears that someone can submit a plot with a reference object that has a "Notes" section of unlimited length, but the database field for that note is limited to 100 characters.

When trying to retrieve certain datasets where I suspect the users entered long notes, I get the error: NHibernate.Exceptions.GenericADOException: could not insert: [Eco.Domain.ReferenceObject#Eco.Domain.ReferenceObjectId][SQL: INSERT INTO ReferenceObjects (DistanceToObject, `Object`, DBH, Notes, LocationName, Series, `Year`, PlotID, SubPlotID, DirectionToObject) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)] ---> System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: The field is too small to accept the amount of data you attempted to add. Try inserting or pasting less data.

I try to continue past, but the desktop-based mobile utility fails to finish and no tree data is loaded for that plot. Any ideas? Is there a way to still get the tree data off the cloud server for these plots, even to manually load into the database? They've already entered data for ~20 plots, would hate to lose it (but at least we have paper backups!).
Jason.Henning
i-Tree Team

RE:Unable to retrieve entered data from mobile utility

Post by Jason.Henning » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:12 pm

Hopefully I can help with this. Please forward me the e-mail the e-mail you received with the URL for mobile data entry or you can just cut and paste the URL itself into the e-mail. Our support e-mail address is info@itreetools.org.

I have also sent you an e-mail with this information.
Jason.Henning
i-Tree Team

mobile data entry issue

Post by Jason.Henning » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:50 am

The error was associated with the mobile data entry platform allowing users to enter invalid data. This issue has been resolved in the latest version of the mobile data entry web-form. To ensure that you are using the latest version of the mobile data entry web-form you should clear your browser cache before launching the web-form.