Question About Link"Pollution Program"of USDA Fore

If you have questions, comments, and suggestions specific to one or more of the components of the i-Tree Software Suite, this is the place for them! Again, please check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include UFORE, STRATUM, and the utilities such as MCTI or Storm Damage Assessment Protocol.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

crlema

Question About Link"Pollution Program"of USDA Fore

Post by crlema »

i-Tree Support:

Thank you very much by its opportune answer.
I want to know the correct information I must add in the topic: "Area" and in: Percent tree canopy. What area is needed? and What is "Percent tree canopy"? Thank you very much by its aid. Those questions are of the link that you gave me: http://www.fs.fed.us/ne/syracuse/Tools/ ... 9%2C+Chile.

Greetings.
StormyJerry

Post by StormyJerry »

Hi Cristian --

"Area" refers to the total land surface of the city for which you want to estimate pollution, and "tree cover" refers to how much of that area has tree canopy above it. The amount of area is usually easy to find from published sources, while tree cover is typically estimated from aerial photographs.

Francisco Escobeda (who answered you in an earlier post) probably has those figures for Santiago if you can not find them. Good luck.