STREETS report generator asks to Install MS Excel

If you have questions, comments, and suggestions specific to one or more of the components of the i-Tree Software Suite, this is the place for them! Again, please check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include UFORE, STRATUM, and the utilities such as MCTI or Storm Damage Assessment Protocol.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

xtraspatial

STREETS report generator asks to Install MS Excel

Post by xtraspatial » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:31 am

When I attempt to create a report in STREETS (v. 4.x and v. 5.0.1), my report contains a green box at the top of the report with the white text "Please Install Microsoft Excel to View This Chart." The computer I'm using has MS Excel 2000 installed on it. (I also have Open Office 3.3 on the computer). I'm not sure why I'm being asked to install Excel in order to see the chart. Do I need a newer version of Excel?

Thanks,
XS
Jerry

Post by Jerry » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:12 pm

Do you have your file associations set up so that a file ending in *.xls or *.xlsx opens either your Excel 2000 or OO.org's Calc?
xtraspatial

Post by xtraspatial » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:27 am

File association's Open Action for *.XLS files:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\EXCEL.EXE" /e (Use DDE checked)

File association's Open Action for *.XLSX files:

C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\Moc.exe "%1" (Use DDE checked)

When double-clicking on documents of these filetypes, the spreadsheet Opens in EXCEL. The *.xlsx document is first sent to the Microsoft Office Converter, then passed to EXCEL.

XS