Eco's Maps Option

If you have questions, comments, and suggestions specific to one or more of the components of the i-Tree Software Suite, this is the place for them! Again, please check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include UFORE, STRATUM, and the utilities such as MCTI or Storm Damage Assessment Protocol.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

wissal selmi

Eco's Maps Option

Post by wissal selmi » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:58 am

Hello,

Can we use the the Eco's map option on an European context? how does it work?

Thanks
Wissal
azelaya
i-Tree Team

Eco Maps option

Post by azelaya » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:20 pm

Unfortunately, the Eco maps option is only applicable for projects in the U.S. It will only work with National Land Cover Data (NLCD) tree cover, land cover & impervious cover imagery, which is only available in the States. This option is seldom used by Eco users in the states also as an Eco project has to be stratified and also needs to have project land use classes matched up to the NLCD land classes to allow for visualizing results on maps. In short, it has limited functionality within the Eco application even in the States and we typically recommend that U.S. users consider using i-Tree Vue if they are interested in using the free NLCD imagery for producing coarse benefit estimates.
A member of the i-Tree Team