Hazardous Tree Map

If you have questions, comments, and suggestions specific to one or more of the components of the i-Tree Software Suite, this is the place for them! Again, please check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include UFORE, STRATUM, and the utilities such as MCTI or Storm Damage Assessment Protocol.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

Richard

Hazardous Tree Map

Post by Richard » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:23 pm

We are being asked to create a map with the locations of the hazardous trees in our Township. We collected the data in i-Tree so we have the latitudes and longitudes of each tree. But there does not seem to be a simple way to create a map. The way I see it, we have to export the data to a spreadsheet and then import that data to a mapping program such as ARCGIS. Please advise.
azelaya
i-Tree Team

mapping in i-Tree

Post by azelaya » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:56 pm

yes, some i-Tree applications allow for collecting locations with a GPS coordinates (Streets & Eco) but there is not a mapping function available at this time. Users have the option to export out data and use it as they desire or as you described in ArcGIS. The i-Tree Tools are primarily designed to be assessment tools and not asset management tools. As such, the i-Tree Tools are complimentary to traditional tree inventory tools which are more likely to have integrated mapping functions.

With the addition of the Pest Detection module in these applications and Google maps access, etc, this functionality integration may be considered in future updates. Al
A member of the i-Tree Team