Vue NLCD adjustment factor

If you have questions, comments, and suggestions specific to one or more of the components of the i-Tree Software Suite, this is the place for them! Again, please check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include UFORE, STRATUM, and the utilities such as MCTI or Storm Damage Assessment Protocol.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

ekuehler

Vue NLCD adjustment factor

Post by ekuehler » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:07 am

I am doing a project for South Louisiana and wanted to adjust the tree canopy data, however, the region that I am interested in is labeled 96 which does not show up on the adjustment table. How should I handle that?
Eric Kuehler
ekuehler@fs.fed.us
706-559-4268 office phone
706-410-5569 cell phone
i-Tree Support
i-Tree Team

Vue NLCD Adjustment Factor zone 96, 97 & 98

Post by i-Tree Support » Mon May 02, 2011 7:42 am

Zones 96, 97 & 98 do not have adjustment factors and may not have been identified as separate zones during the research to determine the adjustment factors.

As a work around, I would refer back to the zone map used to derive the adjustment factor for these areas which can be accessed in Vue (Adjustment Factor Information) or online at the i-Tree website. http://www.itreetools.org/vue/resources ... k_NLCD.pdf

The map in the Nowak/Greenfield article on page 387 shows that zones 98 & 97 are within zone 37. Zone 96 is within zone 46. We will look into updating the map to correspond with the adjustment factor data available in an upcoming release to avoid this discrepancy.

Thanks,
Al
a member of the i-Tree Team