Updating PDA utility

If you have questions, comments, and suggestions specific to one or more of the components of the i-Tree Software Suite, this is the place for them! Again, please check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include UFORE, STRATUM, and the utilities such as MCTI or Storm Damage Assessment Protocol.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

daveh

Updating PDA utility

Post by daveh » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:06 am

Having updated the Eco suite mid-project, Eco is now telling me that the PDA application is out of date. Will updating it cause me to lose data and wipe the configuration from the PDA or should I just go ahead and update it and download the data stored on the PDA (which only amounts to 4 plots from todays data collection)?

Thanks
Dave
MJKerr
i-Tree Team

Re: Updating PDA utility

Post by MJKerr » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:59 am

daveh wrote:Having updated the Eco suite mid-project, Eco is now telling me that the PDA application is out of date. Will updating it cause me to lose data and wipe the configuration from the PDA or should I just go ahead and update it and download the data stored on the PDA (which only amounts to 4 plots from todays data collection)?

Thanks
Dave
Just reinstall the PDA application. Eco.xml will not be overwritten on installation of the new app. There was an issue with the previous version of i-Tree and Eco PDA, please be sure you are running the most recent version before installing the new Eco PDA app, or the "PDA Application is Out of Date" message will not go away.