Run-time error 70 Permission denied submitting Eco data

If you have questions, comments, and suggestions specific to one or more of the components of the i-Tree Software Suite, this is the place for them! Again, please check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include UFORE, STRATUM, and the utilities such as MCTI or Storm Damage Assessment Protocol.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

azelaya
i-Tree Team

Post by azelaya »

Here is a recent problem submitted by an Eco user:

I am trying to upload the data collected for our i-Tree Eco project to the Forest Service database...I am able to enter and verify contact information, but I receive this message after clicking 'okay:'
"Run-time error '70'. Permission denied."

What does this mean and how can I remedy the issue?

Thanks for your help,
A member of the i-Tree Team
azelaya
i-Tree Team

Post by azelaya »

This problem is sometimes common in institutional and government computers due to internal sercurity systems and settings.

This error may be the result of an internal firewal not allowing communication with an ftp server which is what occurs when data is submitted to the Forest Service for analysis. You may also need administrator rights to perform this operation.

I would first check with your internal I.T. support staff to see if they can make a temporary modification to allow you to send your data. You will need to retrieve your data through the same system after the Forest Service has processed the data also.
A member of the i-Tree Team