Exportation of Data

If you have questions, comments, and suggestions specific to one or more of the components of the i-Tree Software Suite, this is the place for them! Again, please check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include UFORE, STRATUM, and the utilities such as MCTI or Storm Damage Assessment Protocol.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

VT-EAB

Exportation of Data

Post by VT-EAB » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:45 pm

My colleages and I have determined after using i-Tree street the past three years that it would make things easier if their were some way to export all the data records in a given i-Tree database to an excel spreadsheet or an access database. This would make the data usable if i-Tree ever becomes obsolete or if someone wants to use the data outside the realm of the program.

Mason
Research Technichian
Virginia Tech Emerald Ash Borer Study
azelaya
i-Tree Team

Exportation of Streets Data

Post by azelaya » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:20 pm

i-Tree Streets is an Access database. Navigate to the location of your project.istreets, right click and choose "Open with" and select Microsoft Access. You will then be able to access the tables (STRATUM_MCTI_Inventory) with your inventory data and export out as an Excel sheet.

You may want to work with a copy of the project file if you are not comfortable working with Access.

Hope this helps.
A member of the i-Tree Team
Richard

Re: Exportation of Data

Post by Richard » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:19 pm

I tried to export the data we have (nearly 5,000 records) to Excel and received a message that the export couldn't complete. Then I tried to open the itree database with Access. Access did open the database, but all the street names have number IDs. And I can't figure out how to replace the numbers with street names.
Any suggestions?
azelaya
i-Tree Team

Re: Exportation of Data

Post by azelaya » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:45 am

Yes, the underlying Streets Access databases use lookup tables to store values for projects and you will therefore see representative numbers in the export. As an alternative, I recommend using the Input - Records dialog box which displays Streets records with the actual values. You can highlight records using your mouse and then copy by entering Ctrl - C. The records can then be pasted (Ctrl - V) in an Excel spreadsheet.

If you have many records or depending on your computer memory, you will need to do the sequence in steps, such as 1000 records at a time, as there will be internal memory issues. Internal memory limitations can also be a limiting factor causing an export failure in Streets and Access also. This can also be overcome by exporting in steps.
A member of the i-Tree Team