STEMS

If you have questions, comments, and suggestions specific to one or more of the components of the i-Tree Software Suite, this is the place for them! Again, please check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include UFORE, STRATUM, and the utilities such as MCTI or Storm Damage Assessment Protocol.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

nick birchin

STEMS

Post by nick birchin » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:34 am

Is it possible to link i tree to STEMS i know this can be done in MCTI but have never been able to do this in MCTI for some reason. It would be useful for me to be able to link complaints, tree surveys and maintenance that is set up thnaks.
azelaya
i-Tree Team

STEMS - i-Tree

Post by azelaya » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:03 am

We do not offer support for the STEMS http://www.umass.edu/urbantree/stems/ application which is a Forest Service tool but not part of i-Tree. Therefore, we can't offer guidance on linking this to i-Tree. We do not offer the MCTI application in i-Tree v3.0 anymore either but provide support for existing users.

I am not familiar with all the fields in STEMS. However, any MCTI or STEMS data that you would like to bring into i-Tree Streets would need to be reformatted to be accepted in Streets. Basically this would mean modifying the existing database structure to the standards listed on page 26 of the i-Tree Streets manual which can be found on our website under Resources.

Al
A member of the i-Tree Team