Risk assesment

If you have questions, comments, and suggestions specific to one or more of the components of the i-Tree Software Suite, this is the place for them! Again, please check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include UFORE, STRATUM, and the utilities such as MCTI or Storm Damage Assessment Protocol.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

nick birchin

Risk assesment

Post by nick birchin »

MCTI and ETRAC both have a risk assesment part of the programme. can this be added to I Tree please as i find this very useful when deciding if a tree hads any serious problems. Also can i change the settings in Etrac and MCTI so that i can use a different risk assement system. I use a free system called Thrats and being able to use this in all of the programmes would be useful. Thanks
azelaya
i-Tree Team

Post by azelaya »

We appreciate your feedback on i-Tree and will consider the suggestions for future development.

Streets offers (3) user definable fields: Other1, Other2 & Other 3 which you may be able to use to capture risk assessment attributes.

We are glad you are finding value in ETRAC. However, at this point, ETRAC is not part of the i-Tree Suite and is maintained and supported by the Urban Natural Resources Institute part of the Forest Service also. You can find more information about ETRAC and support contacts at the following site: http://www.unri.org/etrac/.

We do offer guidance on how to exchange the risk assessment portion in MCTI either to use an alternate or external system. However, you are free to manipulate the program as you desire but we will be limited in assisting once the program structure is changed.

Regards,
Al
A member of the i-Tree Team