problems using streets

If you have questions, comments, and suggestions specific to one or more of the components of the i-Tree Software Suite, this is the place for them! Again, please check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include UFORE, STRATUM, and the utilities such as MCTI or Storm Damage Assessment Protocol.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

kathy.stites

problems using streets

Post by kathy.stites »

hi, i am assistant director of the grounds department at a state university in louisiana. we began a tree survey using a field book collection method last year. this student worker (now graduated) completed the field collection and i started with another this semester who began entering this data in mcti. we had some problems related to adding tree species to the data base, called the itree help line, and were advised to switch from mcti to streets. we downloaded the new version and installed it but since that time we have had several problems with the software. its been almost a month since we have made any real progress on the data entry and so we decided to try to revert to the mcti database which worked ok for us with the exception of entering additional species not in the "out of the box" database. now, though mcti and the original database opens, we are unable to enter more trees since the species list has disappeared. we tried to add the tree species list back in but the file no longer works since we uploaded streets. can anybody help us? we have little time remaining to complete the project this semester and i fear that i will loose this student worker and have to start all over again in january.
thank you,
Kathy Stites
azelaya
i-Tree Team

MCTI - Streets problems

Post by azelaya »

We will need you to send your MCTI.mdb file to us by email so we can further evaluate your problem. I will contact you with instructions on how to find this in your directory and where to send it.

Al
A member of the i-Tree Team
azelaya
i-Tree Team

MCTI problems with database

Post by azelaya »

This problem was resolved after identifying that a table in the MCTI.mdb database was altered and therefore available species were not being populated in the drop down menu within the MCTI desktop application. The reconstructed table was copied back into the MCTI.mdb database which allowed the user to enter new trees.

al
A member of the i-Tree Team