Clipped NLCD data in Vue

If you have questions, comments, and suggestions specific to one or more of the components of the i-Tree Software Suite, this is the place for them! Again, please check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include UFORE, STRATUM, and the utilities such as MCTI or Storm Damage Assessment Protocol.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

ameadow

Clipped NLCD data in Vue

Post by ameadow »

Hi

I am trying to use Vue to work with a small section of my city. I followed all of the directions provided on how to clip the NLCD data and re-import it into Vue. But, the color palettes definitely changed when I clipped the data in ArcGIS and now Vue can't seem to manage the images. I get an error message that reads "run time error '381' invalid property array index."

Should I be importing the World Files? If so, how? They don't appear in the options for entering data into Vue.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help anyone can give me!
Alison
azelaya
i-Tree Team

Clipped NLCD data in Vue

Post by azelaya »

Hi Allison,

We are looking into your problem. Can you tell us which version of ArcGIS that you are using?

Thanks,
Al
A member of the i-Tree Team
ameadow

Post by ameadow »

I'm using ArcGIS 9.3.

Thanks!
ekuehler

Post by ekuehler »

Al,
Did you ever find an answer for this problem?
Eric Kuehler
ekuehler@fs.fed.us
706-559-4268 office phone
706-410-5569 cell phone
azelaya
i-Tree Team

NLCD clipped data in Vue

Post by azelaya »

Here are the comments from the developer who tested the users image files in this case. We suspect there may have been a procedural issue causing the problem. Al

I suspect that maybe she was trying to load the images up in VUE while they were simultaneously still loaded into ArcGIS. This leads to a file sharing problem between the two applications. i.e. you wouldn’t want to open a word doc in Word for Windows and also in Wordpad at the same time.

When I do this, I get a consistent LEAD error, file not found type msg.

For the attached, per the manual:

I took her extracted areas and Right click>Exported them, to TIF and keeping the other parameters in the dialog box at their defaults.
Then I used the ArcToolBox Export Raster World File tool to create world files (*.tfw) for each export Then, in VUE, I browsed to the where the files were and opened them

They look fine, calcs seem to run ok. 1,295 acres for the area that was clipped.
A member of the i-Tree Team