Height limitations

If you have questions, comments, and suggestions specific to one or more of the components of the i-Tree Software Suite, this is the place for them! Again, please check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include UFORE, STRATUM, and the utilities such as MCTI or Storm Damage Assessment Protocol.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

student Jon

Height limitations

Post by student Jon » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:58 pm

In the new Ufore (or Eco..) is there a limit on tree heights? I'm entering data from northern California Doug Fir, and it won't accept heights greater than 150 feet (but I had a few up to 180). Is there any way around this, or perhaps a simple mistake that I'm making?

Has anyone else encountered this? I double checked my plot setup to make sure it was set to imperial and not metric...

Thanks,

Jon
azelaya
i-Tree Team

Height Limitations for UFORE/Eco

Post by azelaya » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:38 am

Jon,

The tree height limitation for both UFORE and Eco is 150 feet. As I recall, you are working with trees in a forested stand so there may not be too many other users who have encountered this limitation for maximum height with trees in urban settings.

You will need to enter these trees at 150 ft. Please add a comment when you submit your data to the Forest Service to let Syracuse know which trees by ID number and plot number needed to be changed. They may be able to adjust the tree heights in your data to allow the model to accept the true values to run the analysis.

Regards,
Al
A member of the i-Tree Team