Windows Mobile® 6.1 Professional

If you have questions, comments, and suggestions specific to one or more of the components of the i-Tree Software Suite, this is the place for them! Again, please check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include UFORE, STRATUM, and the utilities such as MCTI or Storm Damage Assessment Protocol.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

AGH

Windows Mobile® 6.1 Professional

Post by AGH »

I'm a new user just getting started. I need to input an existing INV data sets, from paper not originally collected for use in ITREE, and collect additional information for 100% of a defined the sub-set area in my city (the downtown streets).
Based on what I have read so far, the way to do this is through MCTI. The information I enter will need to be added to as other areas of the city are inventoried, or as other 'partial inventories' are converted and entered in to function as part of a more comprehensive inventory.
It appears that the software suite is setup for use with a PDA to be most efficient. Not just because it saves on data entry in the office and reduces chance for error, but because of species codes and other data tables that are simply more available to the user and will eliminate carrying supporting docs with me in the field.
I'm prepared to purchase a samsung Omnia smartphone. Will it work with programs in the itools software suite?
azelaya
i-Tree Team

Smart phone use with i-Tree

Post by azelaya »

Hello,

The i-Tree tools are designed to run on PDAs using Windows Mobile 2003 or higher. In previous posts http://forums.itreetools.org/viewtopic. ... hlight=pda , we have discussed and verified compatibility with Pocket PCs running Windows Mobile 6.0.

However, because there are so many new devices and technology is rapidly evolving, we can not say with certainty that it will work on a given device such as the smart phone that you mentioned. We greatly rely on user experience and feedback to verify that i-Tree is compatible or has problems with certain devices.

I also wanted to mention that in i-Tree version 3.0, which should be released very soon, MCTI functionality has been merged with STRATUM and will be called i-Tree STREETS. Please feel free to call i-Tree suppor or email me directly if you would like to discuss the parameters of what you would like to do with your inventory project and we can assist in the decision making process as there are limitations and advantages with each application.
A member of the i-Tree Team