No "STRATUM_MCTI_Inventory" table created with PDA

If you have questions, comments, and suggestions specific to one or more of the components of the i-Tree Software Suite, this is the place for them! Again, please check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include UFORE, STRATUM, and the utilities such as MCTI or Storm Damage Assessment Protocol.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

rgthurau

Post by rgthurau » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:50 pm

Hello,
I've just completed an inventory using the STRATUM MCTI PDA Utility, and I'm trying to use STRATUM to compute some tree stats.

In reading the manual, I try starting a new project, pointing to the iTree.mdb and selecting the "iTree data format" radial selector. First, I received the jet database engine error- Can't find "STRATUM_MCTI_Inventory" table. So, I copied the "_Inventory_Master" table and named it as above. Now I receive an error "No value given for one or more parameters. Native: 0" etc.

The manual states that "The only exception to this STRATUM-formatting convention is the Access table (STRATUM_MCTI_Inventory) created if you collected your inventory data using the i-Tree PDA Utility application. STRATUM accepts the i-Tree format and recognizes its data fields." This would lead me to believe that performing the inventory using your PDA utility should take care of all these problems.

Am I missing something?

Thanks for any help I can get.

Rich
azelaya
i-Tree Team

Post by azelaya » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:09 am

Hello Rich,

Please make sure that when starting a new project that you are selecting the "i-Tree Grand Database.mdb" and not the "itree.mdb" as this may solve your problem.

Let us know if this works.
Al
A member of the i-Tree Team
rgthurau

Post by rgthurau » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:09 am

Al,
Thanks for getting back to me.

The "i-Tree Grand Database.mdb" does not contain any of my data from the inventory. In fact, it looks like there isn't any data in that database at all. Looking at the top of page 33 in the manual, I see the text supports your advice.

My data are located: C:\Program Files\i-Tree\STRATUM_MCTI_PDA_Utility\iTree.mdb in a table named "_Inventory_Master"

Any advice about what to do at this point? I am wanting to use the STRATUM to produce some size and species distribution graphs.

Thanks again.

Rich
azelaya
i-Tree Team

Post by azelaya » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:50 pm

Hello Rich,

It appears that your data may currently exist in the i-Tree.mdb database and not the i-Tree Grand Database because an uploading step may still need to be executed to transfer that information to the proper location.

When launching the STRATUM/MCTI Tree Inventory PDA UTILITY application from your desktop, you should see (2) green buttons on the bottom of the start-up screen. This is assuming that you are using i-Tree version 2.0. These buttons are used to update project information into the i-Tree Grand Database and also for uploading field data to the i-Tree Grand Database.

You will need to first update your project information and then update your field data using these buttons. This procedure should transfer your data to the proper database location. Please make sure that any files that you may have renamed previously are restored to their original name as you mentioned changing a file name in an earlier post. Please also refer to page 65 which discusses uploading field data to the i-Tree Grand Database in section 3.2.1 of the manual for additional clarification.

Let us know if this helps,
Al
A member of the i-Tree Team
rgthurau

Post by rgthurau » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:48 pm

Okay, thanks. It was the clicking of both green buttons that got me over the hump. Now, I'm posting a new question in another topic.

thanks

Rich