error message

If you have questions, comments, and suggestions specific to one or more of the components of the i-Tree Software Suite, this is the place for them! Again, please check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include UFORE, STRATUM, and the utilities such as MCTI or Storm Damage Assessment Protocol.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

blandano

error message

Post by blandano »

I have downloaded my inventory into the STRATUM program and when I try to do a population summary I get a pop-up screen saying "an unhandled exception has occurred in your application..." What does this mean? Please help.
i-Tree Support
i-Tree Team

Post by i-Tree Support »

Hi,

This error message could be a lot of factors, so to pin point why this is occuring we will need a few things from you. Please zipfile your project file, your database file that is housing your tree inventory and send it to info@itreetools.org.

Thanks

Jason
a member of the i-Tree Team
i-Tree Support
i-Tree Team

Post by i-Tree Support »

Hi Barbi,

I have sent you a e-mail with my explanation.

Thanks
i-Tree Support
i-Tree Team

Post by i-Tree Support »

Hi i-Tree Forum,

When converting your tree inventory from Excel to Access you will need to pay close attention to the instructions in Appendix D, page 141 and the tenth bullet down. Here is a copy of what the manual says.

“Verify that field names and records follow the formatting conventions described above; if not, field names can be renamed here and data fields that are not one of STRATUM’s 17 defined fields can be excluded by checking the Do not import field (skip) box. For the category TreeId, under Indexed, choose Yes (no duplicates). All other fields should be left with the default Indexed choice of No. When data field verification is complete, click Next.”

You will need to go through and verify that all other fields are set to a default of no. The Species Code attribute is not set to no as a default.

Thanks