Species selector

If you have questions, comments, and suggestions specific to one or more of the components of the i-Tree Software Suite, this is the place for them! Again, please check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include UFORE, STRATUM, and the utilities such as MCTI or Storm Damage Assessment Protocol.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

gmbarreiro

Species selector

Post by gmbarreiro »

I´ve downloaded the Species Selector. When trying to run it, I receive a message of error:

Error 314
Sintaxis error in UPDATE instruction

Would you help me with this. please????
Thanks!
Graciela
i-Tree Support
i-Tree Team

Post by i-Tree Support »

Hi,

Could you please provide us some screen captures of your error message? Also to better serve you on this problem could you please describe what circumstances this error occured?

Thanks, we appreciate it.

Jason
a member of the i-Tree Team
gmbarreiro

Post by gmbarreiro »

i-Tree Support wrote:Hi,

Could you please provide us some screen captures of your error message? Also to better serve you on this problem could you please describe what circumstances this error occured?

Thanks, we appreciate it.

Jason
Hi Jason

It says (SIC):error 3144 en tiempo de ejecución
error de sintaxis en instrucción UPDATE

meaning... error 3144 in execution time
syntax error in UPDATE instruction (after accepting the message, the program closes itself)
Thanks for your help!
smaco
i-Tree Team

Post by smaco »

Hi Graciela,
Unfortunately, form the information given, we can not determine whether the error is a problem with the application or your operating system. Could you please attach a screen capture of the application at the point of the error (or just before) and describe in detail what operation you were conducting when the error occurred? Thanks in advance. --Scott
gmbarreiro

Post by gmbarreiro »

[quote]Dear Scott

I´m sending the screen capture as a word file attached to an email going through a few minutes ago.
Thanks for your help
Graciela
[/quote]
i-Tree Support
i-Tree Team

Post by i-Tree Support »

I will forward the screen capture onto our programmer.

Thanks

Jason
smaco
i-Tree Team

Post by smaco »

Hi Graciela,
Thanks for sending the screen capture; I have included it as an attachment incase others might benefit form this exchange.

It appears that the syntax error comes from your local system: notice the error message which has “914,4” rather than “914.4”; the decimal has been replaced by a comma which is causing the syntax error in the database. We will review the code to see if it can accommodate this issue in future versions, but it appears that there is no quick fix for this problem. We are, however, working on a web-based version of the Species Selector that would overcome this problem too. We’ll keep you posted on our progress.

Thanks for your continued interest in i-Tree and the useful feedback. --Scott
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.