UFORE maps land cover cross-walk

If you have questions, comments, and suggestions specific to one or more of the components of the i-Tree Software Suite, this is the place for them! Again, please check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include UFORE, STRATUM, and the utilities such as MCTI or Storm Damage Assessment Protocol.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

MFGalvin

UFORE maps land cover cross-walk

Post by MFGalvin »

I have obtained NLCD maps of my study area and am attempting to use the UFORE maps land cover cross-walk. However, there is only one UFORE land use name (00 - No tree) available from the pull down menu and I cannot find reference to where/how I may modify/add categories to the UFORE land use name listing. I opened each of the access databases in the Program but could not find the table with the record "00 - No tree". Does anyone have any suggestions for expanding the list? Thanks - Mike
smaco
i-Tree Team

Post by smaco »

Hi Mike,
The UFORE Mapping tool is only operational for post inventory analysis, as set-up and functionality relies on information derived from the inventory itself (e.g., land use). The drop-down menu in the Cross-Walk is populated by the ClassValueName field with ClassifierID field equal to 3 in the table “ClassValueTable,” found in the estimation database. The estimation database must be populated by an actual inventory, processed by the Forest Service prior to mapping. If you do not yet have processed data for your local inventory, a full demonstration of the mapping tool can be accessed through the DC sample project included with the UFORE installation. --Scott
a member of the i-Tree Team