UFORE Data Entry

If you have questions, comments, and suggestions specific to one or more of the components of the i-Tree Software Suite, this is the place for them! Again, please check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include UFORE, STRATUM, and the utilities such as MCTI or Storm Damage Assessment Protocol.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

RaleighUFAT

UFORE Data Entry

Post by RaleighUFAT »

Hi,
When entering tree data from paper into the new UFORE shell, there are two categories containing a variety of unidentifiable letters: "NR" and "Tree Site". These do not correspond to the land cover codes. What are these letters, and which should we choose?

Also, there are 11 land cover types on the paper form, but only 10 in the data entry shell. What do we do with the "other impervious" category, including impervious brick, stone, metal, etc.?
Evan Keto
Graduate Student, NCSU
smaco
i-Tree Team

Post by smaco »

Hi Evan,
"NR" and "Tree Site" are tree data and are defined in the User's Manual under Section 1.7.4.

By default, there are only 10 ground cover categories, see Section 1.7.2. Category #4 (Rock) is defined as including:
"Pervious rock surfaces such as gravel, brick, or flagstone walkways or patios (without mortar). Sand in playgrounds or added as topping to existing soil. Large solid rock outcrops would be listed as Cement."

In otherwords, you could consider this the catch-all "other impervious" surface category.

Thanks for your question.
a member of the i-Tree Team
rradakovich

Post by rradakovich »

fyi the NR is not addressed on the 2.0 version of the i-tree manual but the old 1.X. If I'm wrong what page in the new manual?
smaco
i-Tree Team

N/R - Tree Status

Post by smaco »

Thanks for catching the omission and Posting! We will update the manual accordingly. In the meantime, here is definition:

N/R (Status) - new/removed tree. (This info should be recorded when/if plot is re-inventoried.) Indicate the reason the tree was added or removed from the plot since the previous survey (used for remeasurements of permanent plots):
O – initial sample
N – no change
P – planted: new tree since last measurement that has been planted
I – ingrowth: new tree since last measurement that existed in last measurement and has now reached tree size or has seeded in and has reached tree size
U – unknown new: new tree but for unknown reason
R – unknown removed: tree removed but for unknown reason
H – hazard/health problem: tree removed for health or safety reasons
C – healthy - homeowner removed: healthy tree removed due to homeowner choice
L – land use change: tree removed due to land use change (e.g., development of site)
a member of the i-Tree Team