error with Microsoft Jet database and STRATUM

If you have questions, comments, and suggestions specific to one or more of the components of the i-Tree Software Suite, this is the place for them! Again, please check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include UFORE, STRATUM, and the utilities such as MCTI or Storm Damage Assessment Protocol.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

VHHY2

error with Microsoft Jet database and STRATUM

Post by VHHY2 »

I'm having trouble with STRATUM when I try to import the Access database file while creating a new project. I get an error regarding the Microsoft Jetdatabase engine. This is the error I get:

Index #0 -Error
Message: The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find the input table or query
'STRATUM_Inventory' Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly
Native: -524420377
Source: Microsoft JET Database Engine

I'm pretty sure there is nothing wrong with the Access database file itself.
smaco
i-Tree Team

Post by smaco »

Hi,
I am assuming you are attempting to import a "STRATUM-formatted" inventory rather than an inventory created through the use of the i-Tree PDA Utility. If this is the case, you must make sure that your data is organized according to Appendix D in the User's Manual. And note that the *.mdb file you are trying to import can have any name, but the table with the STRATUM-formatted inventory must be named "STRATUM_Inventory".
--Scott
a member of the i-Tree Team
VHHY2

Post by VHHY2 »

Yes, I am importing a "Stratum formatted" inventory and I tried your suggestion of naming the table as "STRATUM_Inventory" and I no longer get the Microsoft Jet Engine error.
However, I have another problem. Nothing happens in the main STRATUM window when I try to import the "STRATUM_Inventory" file. What else could be wrong?
smaco
i-Tree Team

Post by smaco »

STRATUM is a big, blank screen until you enter a dialogue box or report through the menu items. It sounds like you were successful! Try producing a report and see what happens....
a member of the i-Tree Team