SDAP post-storm spreadsheet

If you have questions, comments, and suggestions specific to one or more of the components of the i-Tree Software Suite, this is the place for them! Again, please check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include UFORE, STRATUM, and the utilities such as MCTI or Storm Damage Assessment Protocol.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

urban forestry planner

SDAP post-storm spreadsheet

Post by urban forestry planner »

1st question

For the "post data" page on the excel spreadsheet for SDAP, column AD is titled CY and column AP is titled Cytotal. What is the difference? I can't figure how what to put there.

2nd question

Same spreadsheet - Columns AE to AO refer to "canopy loss" instead of "crown loss" that is used on form 5A. Do they mean the same thing in this context? If so, where on the spreadsheet do I put the cubic yard data by 100 foot long segments that we will collect on form 5A?

Thanks.
Jerry

Good questions, again

Post by Jerry »

These problems you are raising come from the fact that the same Excel spreadsheet is serving for both manual entry from paper and for automatic upload from PDAs.

The column labeled CY has been changed to a list (y/n) field in the new version coming out soon (hopefully), precisely to clear up this point. It function is to signal to the spreadsheet whether crown loss (same as "canopy loss") or cubic yardage is being measured.

If you click one of the CYtotal fields, you will see that the formula (up above) tells Excel that, if the CY field is "y" then it should sum up the intervening columns AE-AN.

The columns labeled CanopyLoss1 etc. are used to hold whatever is being measured on that segment, and could eventually be made to change units depending on the value in the CY field. In the new version we also added a comment to the first column explaining this, so it should be clearer in the future to users.

(EDIT: No, I realized after I posted this that those headers can't change, because the program that writes the PDA data to the spreadsheet needs to find exactly those labels.)

I hope this helps. And I hope the i-Tree Team will continue to address this possible confusion in future versions.