Sample Street Segment Generator- using geodatabases?

If you have questions, comments, and suggestions specific to one or more of the components of the i-Tree Software Suite, this is the place for them! Again, please check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include UFORE, STRATUM, and the utilities such as MCTI or Storm Damage Assessment Protocol.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

jenotey

Sample Street Segment Generator- using geodatabases?

Post by jenotey »

I am trying to use the Sample Street Segment Generator and am having some difficulties. I need to clip my tiger lines file to my area of interest and when I do so I have to select an output location. According to the manual i should be able to set it to any place I already have shapefiles. But when I try this the generator is looking for geodatabases. It is the same when I try to run the random generator on entire tiger file. Any reason it is now looking for a geodatabase instead of a shapefile? I am using ArcGIS 9.2
jenotey

Sample generators..

Post by jenotey »

I was using the most recent sample generator when it asked for an output location that included geodatabases... did older versions use shapefiles instead?
smaco
i-Tree Team

Post by smaco »

Hi,
It is known that the sample generator is buggy with ArcGIS 9.2 (see http://forums.itreetools.org/viewtopic.php?t=286). However, we'd like to see if we can't help you out here. Could you send a screen capture at the point of error you describe below so we can try and replicate the problem? Thanks. --Scott
a member of the i-Tree Team