Form on page 208 of manual

If you have questions, comments, and suggestions specific to one or more of the components of the i-Tree Software Suite, this is the place for them! Again, please check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include UFORE, STRATUM, and the utilities such as MCTI or Storm Damage Assessment Protocol.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

urban forestry planner

Form on page 208 of manual

Post by urban forestry planner »

Page 208 of the manual has a form entitled "PRE-Storm Field Data Collection Sheet (Populated Area)." In the bottom section, there are places to compute hours for removal and hours for hazardous pruning for trees in the ROW. The right-hand part of that table is for trees within 50 feet of the ROW but it doesn't include a column for computing hours for removal. Why not?
Thanks.
StormyJerry

Post by StormyJerry »

This one is easy (whew!):

FEMA generally does not reimburse pruning and removal costs incurred outside the ROW, so there is no need to compute those costs under emergency conditions. FEMA will pay for the removal of debris hauled by homeowners to the curbside, however, and that is why the Protocol estimates tree density and damage levels in the zone 50' beyond the ROW.