saving data when entering from paper datasheets

If you have questions, comments, and suggestions specific to one or more of the components of the i-Tree Software Suite, this is the place for them! Again, please check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include UFORE, STRATUM, and the utilities such as MCTI or Storm Damage Assessment Protocol.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

Shawn

saving data when entering from paper datasheets

Post by Shawn »

Hello... I am working on the UFORE project in Virginia with the University of Maryland crew.

I am using UFORE software version 1.2, and it seems that every time I save data from a particular plot with two shrub species in it, the program repeats that data into the next four fields. After deleting the erroneous data, the program gives the error message "shrub species is not defined" and the data cannot be saved for that plot. I cannot fix this by entering a dummy species, since height needs to be a value larger than 1.

Thanks.
Shawn.
StormyJerry

Sounds like a glitch

Post by StormyJerry »

Thanks for sending this in. We have asked the programmer to take a look and will get back to you as soon as we can.
StormyJerry

Which tool?

Post by StormyJerry »

The programmer asked to ask you which tool you are using when this happens. Is it the paper entry function where this happens when you are making a new record, or the edit function when you modify an existing record?

That info will help us narrow down the location in the code--thanks.