MCTI data download problem

If you have questions, comments, and suggestions specific to one or more of the components of the i-Tree Software Suite, this is the place for them! Again, please check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include UFORE, STRATUM, and the utilities such as MCTI or Storm Damage Assessment Protocol.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

ekuehler

MCTI data download problem

Post by ekuehler »

I have installed the new i-Tree version 1.2 onto my laptop, set up the necessary ActiveSync 4.1 with my new Pharos PDA, got everything loaded per the user's manual, but when I download data collected on my PDA to my laptop and run MCTI, I get no species displayed in the species box on the details page. The proper species code is displayed on the Tree List page and the species is found in the grand database table. I have deleted and reloaded the PDA utility per user's manual instructions hoping that would solve my problem, but the problem continues. How can I get the species code to display on the details page?
smaco
i-Tree Team

Post by smaco »

It sounds like you may have simply missed a step when setting up your MCTI project; before your field data is imported for the first time, you must first import your configuration settings. In section 3.1.4 of the manual under, “Importing i-Tree Configuration and Field Data to MCTI,” there is a procedure called “Import Surveyors, Species, Street Lists from iTREE.mdb.” Once completed, you need to exit and restart MCTI for the settings to take effect. After this, your species and other configuration information should read correctly under the details tab. Please let us know whether or not this solves the problem you’ve experienced.
a member of the i-Tree Team
ekuehler

Post by ekuehler »

I was meticulous in following the instructions in the users manual (3 or 4 times). I figured that something in the utility didn't get loaded properly because the data were there, so I did a hard boot on my PDA and reloaded all of the i-Tree software again. That seemed to solve the problem. Thanks for your help.