input data from a tree inventory in excel format

If you have questions, comments, and suggestions specific to one or more of the components of the i-Tree Software Suite, this is the place for them! Again, please check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include UFORE, STRATUM, and the utilities such as MCTI or Storm Damage Assessment Protocol.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

Paolo

input data from a tree inventory in excel format

Post by Paolo »

Our tree inventory is in excel format. We have worksheets that contain tree data with the same structure of the access table “trees” in Ufore input database (same field names, same field sequence), we have a worksheet containing the plot data with the same structure of the access table “plots” Ufore input database. We also have excel worksheets containing hourly records of the air pollution with the structure described in the iTree manual.

The questions are:

1 Can we input the data directly from the excel worksheets, so that we do not have to input them manually?

2 How do we send the local air pollution data
Heythatsmybike
i-Tree Team

Post by Heythatsmybike »

Hi Paolo,

It seems that you are not conducting an initial sample. Is that true?

Some of the components of iTree are more suited for using a pre-existing inventories than other components. Stratum is a program that has been adapted for existing inventories. UFORE is more suited for the intial sampling at this point in time.

If you are still interested in using UFORE in the analysis then PM me.
a member of the i-Tree Team