STRATUM - Tree ID

If you have questions, comments, and suggestions specific to one or more of the components of the i-Tree Software Suite, this is the place for them! Again, please check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include UFORE, STRATUM, and the utilities such as MCTI or Storm Damage Assessment Protocol.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

jamerault

STRATUM - Tree ID

Post by jamerault »

Hi,

I have tree ids that I would like to carry into STRATUM. They are of the format: 35460-040-3005-0488-000. They are all unique. Will this format be OK or do I need to modify it in some way before importing them into the .mdb?
StormyJerry

Post by StormyJerry »

Yes, you will need to reformat the tree ID records you currently have to integers. The Forum search engine returns for the keyword "TreeID" this post (from Scott Maco):

"Records for the TreeID field can be any size, unique integer as long as you are importing a database into STRATUM without having used the i-Tree PDA Utility to collect and format your data. In the latter case, the TreeID field size is a “Long Integer” which is defined in Access as any integer between -2,147,483,647 and 2,147,483,647."

Hope that helps!