How can I EXPORT data from my completed i-Tree Eco report into EXCEL?

If you have questions, comments, and suggestions specific to one or more of the components of the i-Tree Software Suite, this is the place for them! Again, please check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include UFORE, STRATUM, and the utilities such as MCTI or Storm Damage Assessment Protocol.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

CABGpatch

How can I EXPORT data from my completed i-Tree Eco report into EXCEL?

Post by CABGpatch » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:26 pm

I've tried searching for similar boards and didn't find any, but if I missed one and this question has been successfully answered before then please link to it and I'll delete this post.

Hi!

I'm trying to take my completed i-Tree Eco data and export it into Excel. How do I do this?

I've tried opening it in Access but for some reason the values completely change in Access and aren't even close to the values listed in the original i-Tree report. I can't go to View --> CSV/Export because the button is shaded. I can't copy the i-Tree report values and paste them into Excel either because the values don't separate into different columns automatically.

I REALLY don't want to have to go tree-by-tree and enter in each value from i-Tree to Excel :cry:
I'm sure there's a simple fix that I'm just not aware of. Might anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you so much for your time!

Jess
Jason.Henning
i-Tree Team

Re: How can I EXPORT data from my completed i-Tree Eco report into EXCEL?

Post by Jason.Henning » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:20 am

Hi Jess,
I am not able to recreate this exact issue. I'm not sure if you are trying export your data or export one of the specific results tables.
You should be able to export your data by opening your project in Eco, then selecting the "Data" tab and clicking on the "Trees" button. That will open the "Trees" data table and it should make the "CSV" button available allowing you to export. As for the individual reports, when you open those by clicking on one of the drop downs under the "Reports" tab there should be a little disc icon that you can click in the upper left hand corner of the report window that will allow you to save just that report. Once you click on that you can change the "save as" type to Excel formats.
If those suggestions don't match what you are seding please send us your packed project (created from the "File" menu in Eco) at the i-Tree Support email address, info@itreetools.org. Also let us know exactly which data and/or reports you are trying to export.
Thanks,
Jason
A member of the i-Tree Team
CABGpatch

Re: How can I EXPORT data from my completed i-Tree Eco report into EXCEL?

Post by CABGpatch » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:56 pm

Hi Jason,
when you open those by clicking on one of the drop downs under the "Reports" tab there should be a little disc icon that you can click in the upper left hand corner of the report window that will allow you to save just that report
I don't know why it never occurred to me to do this. That's exactly what I needed, thank you so much!

Best,

Jess
Jess