iTree Streets cannot run reports.. need help...

If you have questions, comments, and suggestions specific to one or more of the components of the i-Tree Software Suite, this is the place for them! Again, please check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include UFORE, STRATUM, and the utilities such as MCTI or Storm Damage Assessment Protocol.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

LBoehm

iTree Streets cannot run reports.. need help...

Post by LBoehm » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:37 pm

Hello all, hope I'm posting this in the correct place. I've been using iTree Streets for about 2 years now. I recently updated to iTree version 6.1.19, iTree Streets version 5.1.5 and now I am having some trouble.

When I attempt to run reports I now get the following message;

"An error occurred while trying to generate the report. The requested report cannot be displayed"

I am unable to generate any reports from my inventory data. I am able to update my inventory data with no problems. I am not a "computer guy" so any advice is appreciated. I can tell you my inventory data is not stored on my laptop, its on a thumb drive so it can be passed around with the memers of the shade tree commission here in my town. I have tried to reload iTree twice but there is no change in condition. iTree is installed on my Lenovo idea pad 100s;

CPU: 1.33 GHz quad-core Intel Atom Z3735F.
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics (Bay Trail)
RAM: 2GB.
Storage: 32GB eMMC.
Windows 10.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Jason.Henning
i-Tree Team

Re: iTree Streets cannot run reports.. need help...

Post by Jason.Henning » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:17 pm

We have seen a few instances of this issue recently and it has to do with a very recent Microsoft Windows patch. Microsoft is aware that the patch is causing issues with various third party software but at the moment they have not offered an updated patch or any other remedies. Unfortunately, the only current solution is to roll back those patches. The patches are labeled as follows according to which version of Windows you are running.

Windows 10:
• KB4041676
Windows 8:
• KB40416393
Windows 7
• KB4041678
• KB4041681

The only solution to this issue is to uninstall these updates until Microsoft corrects the issue.
This link may help you uninstall but please note that this is an external website and i-Tree has not tested it in all instances and can not provide technical support for modifying your Microsoft Windows installation.https://www.ghacks.net/2014/12/11/how-t ... fterwards/
If you continue to experience issues feel free to contact us at the i-Tree support email, info@itreetools.org.

Thanks for your question and I'm sure this information will help others.
-Jason

30 Oct, 2017 update

We recently ran into an issue with some i-Tree Streets reports failing and generating errors on a university system lab running Windows 10 64bit O/S machines
The error message may be similar to the following: Report Error - An error occurred while trying to generate the report. The requested report cannot be displayed." Reports that failed included the i-Tree Streets Replacement report and all Benefit Reports. Other structural reports were working. For reference, i-Tree Streets reports were working fine prior to the Microsoft updates being installed on the lab machines on Oct 10, 2017.

After uninstalling the recommended updates above, i-Tree Streets reports worked properly.

Note for Eco v6 users:
After uninstalling the microsoft patch updates, Eco v6 was still generating an error message "Eco has stopped working" when trying to launch one of the example projects. This issue was resolved by updating the 2010 Access Database Engine after uninstalling the MS patch updates. The instructions for updating the 2010 Access database engine are at the following link https://forums.itreetools.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1360 and also copied below.

Some Eco v6 users working with Windows 10 operating systems have reported random crashing or received the following errors: "i-Tree Eco v6 has stopped working" or "Install the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 to correct this issue"

The online link has a PDF with instructions for updating an underlying Microsoft file that Eco v6 uses, which allows the Eco application to transfer or write data to the underlying Access databases. If this file is problematic, it can cause crashes in Eco v6 especially during project configuration steps preventing Eco from writing your project configuration to the underlying database tables. These crashes should be resolved after updating the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 file for Eco v6 users working with Windows 10 as per the instructions in the pdf.

https://www.itreetools.org/eco/resource ... Update.pdf

If your error message mentions "limited access rights" as an issue, you should ensure that you have full access rights to work in the folder where Eco and i-Tree were installed, along with the folder where you are trying to create your Eco project.

****UPDATE****: Issue resolved
Microsoft is in the process of rolling out a patch that may fix this issue on most computers.
Additionally, the i-Tree team will be releasing a software update by the end of next week that will also permanently resolve the issue and protect the software from similar Windows patch related issues in the future.
For users still experiencing this issue on or after November 17, 2017 you should be able to update your software from the "Help" menu within i-Tree Streets. When that update is installed you should be running i-Tree Suite version 6.1.20 or higher and this issue should be resolved.
If you are running that version or later and are still experiencing this issue please contact i-Tree support at info@itreetools.org.
A member of the i-Tree Team
LBoehm

Post by LBoehm » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:33 pm

Jason, just wanted to take a moment to thank you. Removing the patch did correct my issue. The patch was installed the night before I updated my iTree suite, so as you would expect I immediately suspected the trouble was with iTree. I should have known it would be a Windows issue.

Much thanks, I got my annual report for the local shade tree commission put together with time to spare thanks to your help.

Larry
Jason.Henning
i-Tree Team

Post by Jason.Henning » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:04 pm

Hi Larry,
I am glad that worked for you we do have an update on this issue, see my edits to my original response.
Thanks,
Jason
A member of the i-Tree Team