inventory import errors in latest i-Tree Street 5.1.5

If you have questions, comments, and suggestions specific to one or more of the components of the i-Tree Software Suite, this is the place for them! Again, please check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include UFORE, STRATUM, and the utilities such as MCTI or Storm Damage Assessment Protocol.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

wgrunberg

inventory import errors in latest i-Tree Street 5.1.5

Post by wgrunberg » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:17 pm

Since the latest i-Tree update, my regular inventory import process throws Street Segment errors - red exclamation marks - in both the Zone/Sample record(s) and tree records.

--- Error: "The number of segments in a Zone must be greater than or equal to the number of segments sampled." Where: "Segments Sampled" = 1, "Number of Segments" = 0
--- Error: "The specified value is incorrect." Where: "StreetSeg" = 0
--- Trying to change the Zone/Sample (eg "Zone Name") throws an "Unhandled exception has occurred" error and I can't save any edits to the records.

I have complete inventories (not sampling) and do not use street segments. I leave the street segment attributes (StreetName, StreetNumber) blank (no data) in the Access import DB. On import, this translates into "Segments Sampled" = 1, "Number of Segments" = 0, and "StreetSeg" = 0.

In the current Streets version, old i-Tree Street projects with the same attribute values are fine but new imports fail.

Could you help me with resolving my import issues?
Jason.Henning
i-Tree Team

Re: inventory import errors in latest i-Tree Street 5.1.5

Post by Jason.Henning » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:50 am

Hi Wgrunberg,

Can you send along the .istreets file and the .mdb file for one of the imports that doesn't work? Also, if you could send along one of the existing .istreets files associated with an older project that still works that would be great.

You should put everything in a .zip folder so that it makes it past our email filters.

You can send those items to our support email address at info@itreetools.org.

Thanks,
Jason
A member of the i-Tree Team
wgrunberg

Post by wgrunberg » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:28 pm

Will do, Jason.
wgrunberg

Post by wgrunberg » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:22 pm

It was my configuration error.
Jason wrote:
It looks like the issue is that your template was set-up as a sample rather than a complete inventory. If you want to remedy this you can follow these steps.
1. Open your .istreets file in Access. Open the “config” table and uncheck the “IsSample” column. Save the table and close Access.
2. Open the project in i-Tree Streets and delete all the data. Got to the “Input” menu and select “Records”. Highlight all the records and click delete.
3. Delete your single zone. Open the “Data fields” dialog from the “Input” menu. Click on the “Zone/Sample” tab and click your one row and delete it. You will then have to add one row back in by clicking "New” and you can leave the default values.
4. Then you should be able to import your .mdb file without issue even if the StreeSeg field is left as 0.
That IsSample box gets checked when you select “Sample” as the “Inventory type” during project set-up. You’ll want to make sure you select “Complete” during that set-up step. Treating the project as a sample with one street segment might lead to some erroneous results when you really have a complete inventory.