ECO Plot level outputs for pollution, carbon, & interception

If you have questions, comments, and suggestions specific to one or more of the components of the i-Tree Software Suite, this is the place for them! Again, please check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include UFORE, STRATUM, and the utilities such as MCTI or Storm Damage Assessment Protocol.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

ccrhodes

ECO Plot level outputs for pollution, carbon, & interception

Post by ccrhodes » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:38 am

Good day,
I see that there are tables in the output data base that should give us plot level outputs of pollution, carbon, & interception for sample based inventory projects (noted that these are already populated for complete inventory projects).

Can you you tell us when we should expect them to be available? Am I correct in assuming that we would need to resubmit existing projects to regenerate the package to see these tables populated once they are ready?

Output tables referenced:
IndividualTreeEffects (carbon outputs)
IndividualTreeOtherEffects (rainfall interception)
IndividualTreePollutionEffects (pollution and VOC)

Thank you!!
Carolyn
azelaya
i-Tree Team

Re: ECO Plot level outputs for pollution, carbon, & intercep

Post by azelaya » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:52 am

Hello Carolyn,

The (3) databases that you mentioned are only populated when a user is conducting an Eco complete inventory analysis. Since that option was added on to the original Eco (UFORE) application, those database tables were integrated into the report database to accommodate data generated from processing for individual tree reports. Eco Developers are working on the database structure of Eco2015 and I'm not certain what that will look like but there are not specific plans yet as to what will be integrated in the reports for that version.

It is possible to modify the Sample Type in the Series table of the input database from P for sample to I for inventory as that is what the processing code uses to distinguish between a plot based and complete inventory project. The project will need to be submitted for processing again and new reports will be generated that will populate the individual tree effect databases you mentioned. Basically, the trees from plots will be processed as an inventory and you will then only have the inventory reports available in the Eco shell although you have plot data in the input database. You may be able to use this for individual tree effects but I would highly recommend that you work with a copy of your original project and databases. This doesn't work to change in reverse by changing an existing inventory to sample to generate additional reports as there is no plot level raw data in the input database. As always, we strongly advise people not to alter underlying databases unless they are comfortable working in Access.

Al
A member of the i-Tree Team
ccrhodes

Re: ECO Plot level outputs for pollution, carbon, & intercep

Post by ccrhodes » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:30 am

Thank you Al! (and nice speaking with you again!)
Thank you for the tip on how to change the Series table. I will have to try that and see what the outputs look like. In the meantime, I have has great success importing just those plots with trees into an inventory project with a unique id that represents plot # and tree # so that we can tease out plot level effects. I look forward to the updates in 2015.