Stratum already exist in land use descriptions error i-Eco

If you have questions, comments, and suggestions specific to one or more of the components of the i-Tree Software Suite, this is the place for them! Again, please check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include UFORE, STRATUM, and the utilities such as MCTI or Storm Damage Assessment Protocol.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

rgthurau

Stratum already exist in land use descriptions error i-Eco

Post by rgthurau » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:35 am

We're trying to set up a stratified random sampling strategy in i-Eco. We have 250 plots distributed across a city, stratified using NLCD and instructions in the "Random Plots Stratification Workbook". Our issue is with the two text files required to stratify the data. The "Eco Strata" text file lists the strata that were included in the analysis. The "Plot Centers" text file lists the location and strata of each plot location. I've gone in and removed unused strata from the "Eco Strata" text file, but when I try to set up the project, I get the following error:
"Stratum 21 already exists in table MapLandUseDescriptions. Skip this stratum inserting".
Stratum 21 is in the "Eco Strata" table and several of the plot centers are in Stratum 21.

Can anyone describe what's happening here? Does is sound like my tables are set up correctly? What is this error trying to tell me? Although I was able to load my points, will I have trouble during the analysis phase?

Thanks for your input.

Rich
azelaya
i-Tree Team

Re: Stratum already exist in land use descriptions error i-E

Post by azelaya » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:54 am

Examples of properly generated plot and strata file (.txt) produced from a GIS are attached for formatting cross reference. You will need to log in to the Forum to access the attachments
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A member of the i-Tree Team