Web mapping

If you have questions, comments, and suggestions specific to one or more of the components of the i-Tree Software Suite, this is the place for them! Again, please check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include UFORE, STRATUM, and the utilities such as MCTI or Storm Damage Assessment Protocol.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

John Chioles

Web mapping

Post by John Chioles » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:59 am

Are there examples of using any of the iTree technology to support web mapping? I looked through the product/application descriptions and could not determine what apps could be installed on a web server and used for rendering results on a map. Are all the products on Win OSs?

Thanks,
John
azelaya
i-Tree Team

Web mapping

Post by azelaya » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:41 pm

Sorrry, we (iTree Support) do not have examples or instructions of how to integrate or build i-Tree data into a web mapping application as we support basic use of the i-Tree tools. You would need to inquire with people familiar with working with web mapping applications to see how to integrate external i-Tree data.

Yes, all i-Tree applications run on the Windows O/S platform. i-Tree data in Streets & Eco are stored in underlying Microsoft Access databases tables. The (2) online tools Canopy & Design are exceptions and do not require loading software and can be accessed using most desktop web browsers.

Al
A member of the i-Tree Team