Please search

If you have questions, comments, and suggestions specific to one or more of the components of the i-Tree Software Suite, this is the place for them! Again, please check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include UFORE, STRATUM, and the utilities such as MCTI or Storm Damage Assessment Protocol.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

StormyJerry

Please search

Post by StormyJerry » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:10 pm

Please use the "Search" link near the left end of the menu bar just below the i-Tree logo before posting a topic. That way you can see if your question has already been answered by an FAQ or earlier post.

Thanks from the i-Tree Team!
wgrunberg

Re: Please search

Post by wgrunberg » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:59 pm

The search settings appears to be too strict. I am trying to find posts about importing Streets data into Eco and received the following error:

Code: Select all

The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: import streets eco.
rcoville
i-Tree Team

Post by rcoville » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:38 am

Hi wgrunberg. Thanks for the heads up, we'll explore changing those search settings.

For now, you can make that search without being blocked by how common the terms are by adding a wildcard (an asterisk, *) to the end of import. In other words, search for: import*

The terms Eco, Streets, and Import appear so often around the forums that they are currently blocked from being search terms. Importing, Imported, Imports are examples of less common terms which are still valid for the search feature and hopefully still useful for your needs.
A member of the i-Tree Team

Please provide feedback on our technical support services by clicking here to take our 5 minute survey
CABGpatch

Post by CABGpatch » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:32 pm

Hi all,

When I try searching "excel" I get the same error where my search is blocked because it's deemed to be too common.

When I search "Excel*" I receive no results, not even the board I've recently posted with "excel" in the title.

Do you have any tips on how I can best search the forums? I've tried searching google with queries like " 'i-tree' 'excel' " (quotes included) and haven't found that any of the results solve my problem, but if there's a way to search more efficiently directly on the forums then I'd love to learn.

Thanks!
Jess
Jason.Henning
i-Tree Team

Post by Jason.Henning » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:41 am

Hi Jess,
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I made some changes with how the search feature works on the message board. Hopefully, you can more easily find what you are looking for now. I did a quick test using the search term "excel" and it seemed to correctly find the relevant posts.
Thanks again,
Jason
sim0n

Post by sim0n » Thu May 20, 2021 8:55 am

Hi, I can't find the search facility anywhere, could you provide a screenshot please?
Thanks in advance.
PS. I'm on Chromebook
Jason.Henning
i-Tree Team

Post by Jason.Henning » Fri May 21, 2021 9:25 am

I don't have access to a Chromebook for testing but in both Firefox and Google Chrome browsers the search field appears in the upper right corner of the Forum. Image.
Thanks,
Jason
sim0n

Post by sim0n » Sun May 23, 2021 9:25 am

Thanks, but I don't see it, here's my screenshot
Jason.Henning
i-Tree Team

Post by Jason.Henning » Mon May 24, 2021 3:33 pm

I think this was a permission issue. I have adjusted and tested your forum permissions. You should now be able to see the search bar.
Due to the high number of spam posts we get from "new users" we have very limited permissions for those new user accounts.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Thanks,
Jason
sim0n

Post by sim0n » Tue May 25, 2021 12:26 pm

Ah yes, I see it now! Thanks.

Whilst I'm on (the reason I registered on this forum) - where exactly would I ask a question about how to use a Boundary that I've manually drawn for one Canopy project, to use in another Canopy project? Question being, can I generate a Shapefile and Projection file from it?

Thanks in advance.
Erika.Teach

Post by Erika.Teach » Wed May 26, 2021 8:01 am

Hello,
It is not possible to export the boundary of a Canopy project.
It is possible to export the points evaluated in a Canopy project by going to the Project drop down menu and then Export.
Kind regards, Erika
sim0n

Post by sim0n » Wed May 26, 2021 1:56 pm

Okay, thanks.
sim0n

Post by sim0n » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:28 am

Just trying this now, I've exported the points file, but can't see any way of importing this into a new project...