No Replacement Value estimated

Post here questions, comments, and suggestions about the general i-Tree project. To avoid duplication, please be sure to check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include background, purpose, requirements, hardware, installation, training and events.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

Post Reply
twright
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:19 pm

No Replacement Value estimated

Post by twright » Fri May 27, 2011 9:09 am

Good morning,

I am using i-Tree Streets (newest version available) and the program is not estimating the Replacement Value for a dataset. I have checked several other datasets and those datasets have an estimated Replacement Value. I have reviewed the data in question and cannot determine why STREETS is not estimating this value.

Any thoughts?

Tyler
azelaya
i-Tree Team
Posts: 348
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:50 am

No Replacement Value estimated in Streets

Post by azelaya » Fri May 27, 2011 4:21 pm

Hey Tyler,

I'm only guessing without seeing the project file. However, we did see a similar issue recently in a Streets project which was caused because there was one zone out of a dozen in the project that did not have any data associated with it.

The other reports were functioning fine but the replacement value report did not handle the empty zone properly. So, the project manager had a choice of entering a non-tree assigned to one of the segments in the empty zone or deleting the zone from the project. Either adjustment will slightly affect estimates in a sample project. The code for the replacement report needs to be updated in the future which should resolve this issue.

However, if your problem is different from what I described, please feel to send a copy of the .istreests project as an attachment to the info@itreetools.org email address and we can take a look at it.

Thanks,
al
A member of the i-Tree Team
azelaya
i-Tree Team
Posts: 348
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:50 am

No Replacement Value estimated in Streets

Post by azelaya » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:34 pm

The following is provided for other users who may encounter a similar problem. After reviewing the project data, the wood & foliage condition percentage factors in this project were set to zero. Therefore, the replacement valuations produced were zero values as this percentage is used as a multiplier in determining value. This project was utilizing user-defined condition codes and therefore required the percentage values to be set-up for purposes of calculating replacement values. Al
A member of the i-Tree Team
Post Reply