How to create more other fields?

Post here questions, comments, and suggestions about the general i-Tree project. To avoid duplication, please be sure to check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include background, purpose, requirements, hardware, installation, training and events.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

GreenHere

How to create more other fields?

Post by GreenHere » Wed May 11, 2011 1:43 pm

Hello,

I am relatively new to Itrees. I want to combine fields of the Neighbourwoods program into ITREES on my PDA. There are about 10 fields I want to combine in, but only 3 "Other" fields. How do I create more user defined fields?
i-Tree Support
i-Tree Team

Creating additional data fields in Streets

Post by i-Tree Support » Wed May 11, 2011 4:07 pm

Hello,

The Streets program is not designed to allow for creating additional data fields. Therefore, you are limited to working with the (3) "Other" fields provided.

Please keep in mind that i-Tree Streets is essentially an assessment tool designed to determine ecosystem services for community trees and therefore it does have flexibility & functionality built in for managing trees on a daily or more frequent basis.

Best regards,
Al
a member of the i-Tree Team
verticalgreen

Post by verticalgreen » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:18 pm

Green,

The "other" tabs have been okay and should work with what you are trying to accomplish if I understand you correctly.
Jerry

Post by Jerry » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:00 am

Please keep in mind that i-Tree Streets is essentially an assessment tool designed to determine ecosystem services for community trees and therefore it does have flexibility & functionality built in for managing trees on a daily or more frequent basis.
I'm pretty sure there is a "not" missing in this sentence, i.e.: "...it does not have...."

You might want to consider collecting the remaining "other" fields on a paper form, making sure to include the same ID number for each record, then combine them manually with exported iStreets data later in a spreadsheet. When I need to do this, I avoid the iStreets PDA app and use different PDA software, as I described in another post.