Condition of Leaves and Wood Needed?

Post here questions, comments, and suggestions about the general i-Tree project. To avoid duplication, please be sure to check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include background, purpose, requirements, hardware, installation, training and events.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

twright

Condition of Leaves and Wood Needed?

Post by twright » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:05 pm

Hi folks,

I have run across a snag and wanted to determine if my hypothesis is correct.

I was trying to run a complete inventory through Streets, using data collected manually, and only condition of leaves were reported. I tried several times, unsuccessfully, to import the file into Streets (all other fields being formatted correctly). After re-checking my work, I decided to lose the CondLvs field. Afterwards, the import was successful.

I am assuming that both CondWd and CondLvs are necessary to prompt Streets to access the data; however, I wanted to be sure in case this happens again. Am I correct?

Any and all information would be help and appreciated.

Tyler
azelaya
i-Tree Team

Condition of Leaves and Wood

Post by azelaya » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:00 pm

You can import a data set that does not have both condition wood & leaves. I replicated this in testing with a data set that only had condition leaves values. The reporting for condition will be limited to leaves in this case.

Most existing inventories do not have (2) separate condition entries for leaves and wood. Therefore, I usually just copy the general condition information available and create both wood & leaves fields for condition before importing.

If you are starting an inventory from scratch, you can then collect condition for leaves & wood if desired and the model will take that into account.

Hope this helps clarify,
Al
A member of the i-Tree Team