SD card

Post here questions, comments, and suggestions about the general i-Tree project. To avoid duplication, please be sure to check the i-Tree website and the FAQs before posting. Relevant topics include background, purpose, requirements, hardware, installation, training and events.

Moderators: i-Tree Support, i-Tree Team

Richard

SD card

Post by Richard » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:57 am

I have a Pharos 600 PDA with an SD card. When I try to back up to the SD card, I receive a message: What is the name of the storage card on your PDA? Below is a box with four options, including \SD card. No matter which option I choose, the back up fails and a new box asks: Is the memory and name correct and not full?
I tried to format the card by connecting the device to my computer, but the options does not appear. I inserted the SD card in another device, and apparently the card was formatted. I tried to save Word files to the card, and that is apparently successful. But I still cannot back up to the SD card. Any suggestions?
MJKerr
i-Tree Team

Re: SD card

Post by MJKerr » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:38 pm

Are you using Streets or Eco PDA? In either case, you can close the program and copy eco.xml to the SD card with file explorer. This issue should be corrected when we release the next update.
Richard

SD card

Post by Richard » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:40 pm

I just downloaded and installed the latest version (3.0.15), which solves the problem of backing up the SD card. Thanks very much! :D
MJKerr
i-Tree Team

Post by MJKerr » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:49 pm

Not a problem at all, I'm glad the new code works on your device. Thanks for the update!
Richard

Post by Richard » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:36 pm

I saw the post about getting the SD card data to the computer. And I have transferred the file. But it is in XML format, which i-tree does not recognize. I apparently can not import it into i-tree. And if I just try to open it, I see all the coding. Also, I have Excel 2003, which does not seem to import it.
azelaya
i-Tree Team

Post by azelaya » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:34 am

I am assuming that the data on the SD card was from an i-Tree field data collection session. I'm not sure if you are working with Streets or Eco. Either way, the xml file from a PDA is unique to the Eco or Streets PDA application and can't be transferred by using an import operation such as Excel, etc. You need to first copy the backup file from the SD card into the PDA device's My Documents folder and it would need to be named iStreets.xml for a Streets project or eco.xml for an Eco project.

This will allow the Streets or Eco desktop PDA Utility to recognize that there is data on the PDA that can be transferred into the desktop using the Tools - Work with PDA option. The device may not display the .xml extension when copied in the My Documents folder, which is fine. You would also need to work with the Streets or Eco project that was associated with the data on the SD card in order for it to allow data to transfer for that specific project configuration. The Eco & Streets PDA utility can read and process the xml file data into the associated project.
A member of the i-Tree Team